1) Severn Angels Healthcare recognises that all businesses have an obligation to prevent slavery and human trafficking and will do all in its power to do this within its business and the supply chains through which it operates.
2) Modern slavery can take many forms including the trafficking of people, forced labour, servitude and slavery. As leading recruitment experts, we take our responsibility for supplying staff extremely seriously and are aware of the potential for being targeted by traffickers and unlicensed gangmasters. Our own processes around candidate engagement ensure our employees are alert to the signs of exploitation, in order that we may take the necessary action promptly and effectively, should it be identified.
3) All staff within Severn Angels Healthcare are expected to comply with all laws and act in accordance with local guidelines and regulations and act with integrity and honesty. Severn Angels Healthcare reviews it’s policies and procedures to ensure our employees have access to any additional information and support they may require with regard to human trafficking, forced labour, servitude and slavery. Further training will be provided as required.
4) Suppliers are expected to adhere to our Supplier Code of Conduct, which includes specific reference to the Act, and should have in place a policy recognising, respecting and protecting the human rights of their employees, those of their suppliers and business partners and the communities affected by the suppliers’ operations.
5) Employees should be free to choose to work for their employer and to leave the company upon reasonable notice. All employees are provided with a clear contract of employment, which complies with local legislation. All employees are treated in a fair and equal manner and with dignity and respect.
6) All slavery and human trafficking laws must be complied with including, but not limited to, the Act. Suppliers must ensure their business operations are free from slavery and human trafficking practices whether in the UK or elsewhere, both internally and within their supply chains and other external business relationships. Severn Angels Healthcare is committed to ensuring that there is no modern slavery or human trafficking in our supply chains or in any part of our business.